[GRASS-user] [GRASSLIST:1200] concentric circles/regions in vector

Joel Pitt joel.pitt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 18:58:23 EST 2007

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a vector of concentric circles showing a spread
phenomenon and attaching a year to each circle. Currently I am looping
through the following process:

# Create circle
"v.buffer input=%s output=%s buffer=%f" % (centre_map_name,uniform_name,radius)

# add table with year column to uniform_name map
'v.db.addtable map=%s columns="year int" ' % (uniform_name)

# update uniform_name map DB with year
'v.db.update map=%s column=year value=%d' % (uniform_name,year)

# merge with existing map
"v.patch --o -e -a input=%s output=%s" % (uniform_name, merge_map)

-----------

This creates a vector map with concentric circles, but I am unable to
select them using "year=2000" - only a point/centroid shows up.

So my question is whether vector types other than centroids/points can
link to a row in a database table?

If not, then can anyone think of a way to do something similar? I'd
rather not have to have excessive numbers of vector maps.

Thanks for any help,

--
-Joel

"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have mastered, you
will never grow." -C.R. Lawton