[GRASS-user] Navicat PostGRESQL and MYSQL

Andreas Neumann neumann at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Fri Feb 23 03:17:59 EST 2007

Hi Kurt,

did you try pgadminIII  as a PostgreSQL GUI? I find it very intuitive.
It is more an administrator tool and not so much for data editing:
http://www.pgadmin.org/

works on Linux, MacOSX and Linux.

Andreas

Kurt Springs wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has any experience using the Navicat
> versions of PostGRESQL and MYSQL with GRASS (or qgis).  Navicat
> provides a gui front end for PostgreSQL and MYSQL.  I was hoping one
> of these might be easier to use than the opensource text versions.
> Does anyone know of any opensource versions that have a gui
> interface, or has anyone had any success at linking Filemaker data
> bases to GRASS or qgis.
>
> Kurt Springs

Andreas Neumann
Institute of Cartography
ETH Zurich
Wolfgang-Paulistrasse 15
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland

Phone: ++41-44-633 3031, Fax: ++41-44-633 1153
e-mail: neumann at karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/