[GRASS-user] ERROR : "child process exited abnormally"

Pawan Joshi josh_0882 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 24 13:07:13 EST 2007

i have installed grass on windows online setup.

 when i m running "g:\cygwin\grass.bat" it display some errors as:

command not found_profile: line 2:
command not found_profile: line 5:
command not found_profile: line 8:
command not found_profile: line 14:
command not found_profile: line 16:
/home/databasedir/.bash_profile line 47: syntax error: unexpected end of  the cleaning up temporary files......
Starting GRASS....ERROR: LOCATION<< /home/databasedir/2388.tmp >> not available

And if i am creating any new location from EPSG it does not creates.
How can i resolve the issue.

  Then  i have replaced the old version with gdal1.3 and grass 6.2 and i m
having Spearfish6. now my project location is 'Spearfish60' and mapset is
'PERMANENT'

  the error after clicking on 'ENTER GRASS' is

   "child process exited abnormally"

  I need the GRASS on windows. I hope it will work with windows XP.

Pawan Joshi
0120-4314870
G-5, Sector 20
Noida