[GRASS-user] Fwd: Call for volunteers - Newsletter production team

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Feb 28 05:42:09 EST 2007

Subject: Call for volunteers - Newsletter production team
Date: Tuesday 27 February 2007 18:49
From: Tyler Mitchell <tylermitchell at shaw.ca>
To: OSGeo Discussions <discuss at lists.osgeo.org>

Hi all,
As you may be aware, last year the GRASS News production team offered
to transition their great production into a brand new OSGeo
Newsletter.  Although branded as OSGeo, all open source projects are
welcome to be part of it.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the last volume done under
the GRASS name, have a look at this:
http://osgeo.org/files/news/GRASS_OSGeo_News_vol4.pdf (5.3MB).  As
you can see it is much more than just some news clippings!

Well, now is the time to get a new team together to help make a great
production.  You are invited to be part of that team!  Want some
exercise for your writing skills?  Would you like to get some more
exposure for your project?  Want to learn the ins and outs of some
publication software?  Or do you just want to help spread the word
about some projects or case studies that you love?

There are several positions available for any volunteer who would
help to coordinate collecting articles, writing content, reviewing
content, helping with layout or graphics, and more.  Want to sign up
just for one volume or to test the waters first?  That is fine too.

Please see the Newsletter wiki page for a list of open positions and
categories for content that need editors:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Newsletter

If you have any ideas, reservations, comments, questions or concerns
please just let me or Martin (cc'd) know!  As we will all work as a
team, please do not be shy about your interests, even if you are
going to need some help getting started.

After the team is gathered and production deadlines are finalised,
then we will make a more general call for contributors.  If you
already have something that you would like to contribute, you are
welcome to sign up now on the page:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Newsletter_Volume_1

Hope you will join us in putting this together!

Tyler