[GRASS-user] gis.m window still disappears

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Tue Jan 2 13:59:21 EST 2007

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007, Paul Kelly wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Jan 2007, Gerald Nelson wrote:
>
>> I have done a cvs update of grass 63 a couple of times over the past couple
>> of days and still have the problem that the gis.m windows appear briefly
>> and then disappear.
>
> Can confirm the same problem with ActiveState Tcl/Tk 8.4.13 on Windows. The
> splash screen and the output gronsole.tcl window appear and then disappear.
> No other gis.m Windows appear.
> Actually now that I think about it the same or similar behaviour was apparent
> before Christmas with the Tcl/Tk 8.4.1 version that can be downloaded from
> the MinGW/Msys site (I can't remember exactly where), but at that stage it
> still worked OK with 8.4.13. But now that doesn't work. I didn't report it
> before Christmas as I thought it might be a problem with my set-up. Perhaps
> some incompatiblity has been introduced somewhere. But it seems so hard to
> diagnose errors with Tcl!

Just to confirm what Maciek said, my comment about the Tcl versions was a
red herring. Using the December 20th version of g.region (and all other
CVS copy current) it now works fine with both Tcl versions. My problem
with the 8.4.1 installation was due to a local modification I'd made to
g.region in connection with an unrelated problem (unable to read WIND file
with Windows-style line endings).

Paul