[GRASS-user] Parse error in g.setproj?

Moskovitz, Bob Bob.Moskovitz at conservation.ca.gov
Tue Jan 16 16:44:41 EST 2007

Hello list,

I've been trying to correct a location using g.setproj and ran into a problem.  As you can see below, I was setting the projection to NAD27 State Plane in California.  When I listed the counties in California, only the first word was displayed.  So, when I was trying to use the state plane associated with San Francisco, I was surprised to find 7 lines of the word "SAN".

FYI, I am using Grass 6.3.cvs and I am running on Ubuntu Edgy Eft.

TIA,
Bob

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- edited portions of g.setproj =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Please specify projection name
Enter 'list' for the list of available projections
Hit RETURN to cancel request
>stp
Do you wish to specify a geodetic datum for this location?(y/n) [y]

Please specify datum name
Enter 'list' for the list of available datums
or 'custom' if you wish to enter custom parameters
Hit RETURN to cancel request
>nad27

Now select Datum Transformation Parameters
Please think carefully about the area covered by your data
and the accuracy you require before making your selection.

Enter 'list' to see the list of available Parameter sets
Enter the corresponding number, or <RETURN> to cancel request
>1

Specify State FIPS (numeric) code
Enter 'list' for the list of states with corresponding FIPS codes
Hit RETURN to cancel request
>6
You have chosen state CA, Correct(y/n) [y]

Specify County FIPS (numeric) code for state CA
Enter 'list' for the list of counties in CA with corresponding FIPS codes
Hit RETURN to cancel request
>list
.
.
.
  69 -- SAN                                    <-- Should be SAN BENITO
  71 -- SAN                                    <-- Should be SAN BERNARDINO
  73 -- SAN                                    <-- Should be SAN DIEGO
  75 -- SAN                                    <-- Should be SAN FRANCISCO
  77 -- SAN                                    <-- Should be SAN JOAQUIN
  79 -- SAN                                    <-- Should be SAN LUIS OBISPO
  81 -- SAN                                    <-- Should be SAN MATEO
  83 -- SANTA                                <-- Should be SANTA BARBARA
.
.
.

Bob Moskovitz
Seismic Hazards Zonation Program
California Geological Survey
http://gmw.consrv.ca.gov/shmp

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This message contains information from the State of California, California Geological Survey, which may be privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law, including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If the reader of this communication is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.