[GRASS-user] GIS mentioned in Linux Journal Issue 53 January 2007

nicholas.g.lawrence at mainroads.qld.gov.au nicholas.g.lawrence at mainroads.qld.gov.au
Mon Jan 22 00:34:28 EST 2007

Page 48 a hardware review by James Gray, Product Editor

"Exhibit A
My old laptop was a beast. I bought it as a
desktop replacement with a nice, big display
for doing GIS. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a
cheap copy of ArcGIS, so I do GIS at my uni-
versity's computer lab instead."

Okay, so it is a hardware review, not a software
review, but nevertheless, how is it that an editor of
a linux-focused periodical is using ArcGIS? Perhaps
he is a potential convert to GRASS?

nick

Opinions contained in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect
the opinions of the Queensland Department of Main Roads,
Queensland Transport or Maritime Safety Queensland, or
endorsed organisations utilising the same infrastructure.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error,
please immediately notify the sender and delete the message
from your computer.