[GRASS-user] Digitization on 3-D

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 09:52:50 EDT 2007

I don't think you can digitize on NIVIZ, but you can use v.drape to
assign the elevation of a DEM to the vertices of lines/poligons

Carlos

On 7/2/07, Massimiliano Cannata <massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch> wrote:
> Hi Ravi,
> was it a question or a sentence?
>
> As i know you can get end redirect on a file the coords of the clicked
> points, but i don't know any tool to digitalize trough NVIZ.
>
> As I'm really interested in such a tool, please update me if you know more.
>
> Thanks,
> Maxi
>
> RAVI KUMAR wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > Is it possible to actually digitize through NVIZ.
> >
> >    Like to drape an imagery on SRTM surface for the
> > same clip, and digitize. Such that I can close
> > polygons based on the topagraphy shown through the
> > SRTM surface.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Ravi Kumar

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Visiting Researcher at Kingston University London - UK
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke