[GRASS-user] Digitization on 3-D

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Jul 2 16:15:55 EDT 2007

Carlos,

You cannot digitized with NVIZ. But you CAN do what you seem to need to do.

Use r.shaded.relief (menu: Raster>Terrain analysis>shaded relief) to create
a relief map of the area you want to digitize

Use r.his (menu: Raster>Manage map colors>HIS to RGB) to created the R,G,B
channels for a color draped relief map. Use the color map you want to drape
for the hue chanel and the shaded relief map for the intensity channel.

Combine the output of r.his with r.composite (menu: Raster>Manage map
colors>Create RGB) into a final color shaded map.

Use this map as the background map with v.digit (you can have this as an
active layer in the layer manager and it will come up automatically as a
background map when you start digitizing from the GUI.)

Michael