[GRASS-user] problem with r.in.wms

Agustin Diez Castillo Agustin.Diez at uv.es
Tue Jul 3 08:39:05 EDT 2007

wms
My machine:
Model Name:	iMac
   Model Identifier:	iMac5,1
   Processor Name:	Intel Core 2 Duo
   Processor Speed:	2 GHz
   Number Of Processors:	1
   Total Number Of Cores:	2
   L2 Cache (per processor):	4 MB
   Memory:	2 GB
   Bus Speed:	667 MHz
   Boot ROM Version:	IM51.0090.B03
   SMC Version:	1.8f2

My history with wms:
If I try r.in.wms mapserver=http://wms.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi -l it
works fine, but if I try other servers see below  (those servers work
fine in qgis, gvsig, web applets and everywhere but grass):

r.in.wms mapserver=http://wms.mapa.es/wms/wms.aspx? -l
List of layers for server http://wms.mapa.es/wms/wms.aspx?:
14:13:47 URL:http://wms.mapa.es/wms/wms.aspx? [492/492] -> "/Users/
Shared/grassdata/Projecte/adiez2/.tmp/regadiuet.prearq.uv.es/
2523.0capabilities.xml" [1]
WARNING: xml2 NOT avaliable

ERROR: Parsing XML file
------------------------

<head id="Head1"><title>
         Untitled Page
</title></head>
     <form name="form1" method="post" action="wms.aspx" id="form1">
<input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATE" id="__VIEWSTATE" value="/
wEPDwUJNzgzNDMwNTMzZGSaWtQn3ZmzEIertgUcmkm6hJV5hw==" />

     </form>
**************************************
r.in.wms mapserver=http://ovc.catastro.meh.es/Cartografia/WMS/
ServidorWMS.aspx? -l
List of layers for server
http://ovc.catastro.meh.es/Cartografia/WMS/ServidorWMS.aspx?:
14:20:28 URL:http://ovc.catastro.meh.es/Cartografia/WMS/
ServidorWMS.aspx? [316/316] -> "/Users/Shared/grassdata/Projecte/
adiez2/.tmp/regadiuet.prearq.uv.es/2641.0capabilities.xml" [1]
WARNING: xml2 NOT avaliable

ERROR: Parsing XML file
------------------------
<?xml version='1.0' encoding="ISO-8859-1"  standalone="no" ?>
<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.1">
<ServiceException code="InvalidFormat">
<![CDATA[
Este servicio sirve para ser utilizado por programas de visualizaci?n
de cartograf?a. No es una p?gina web.]]>
[my translation: This service is used by cartographic display
programs. This is not a web page]
</ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>
Even when things are little better and I can at least get the layers
I find trouble:

r.in.wms output=sigua 'mapserver=http://www.sigua.ua.es/cgi-bin/
mapserv4.2.1.exe?map=d:/carto/sigua/map/ogc.map&' layers=fotografia
srs=EPSG:23030 --o
Calculating tiles
Requesting 4 tiles.
Downloading tiles
Tile already downloaded
Tile already downloaded
Tile already downloaded
Tile already downloaded
All tiles downloaded successfully
ERROR 4: `/Users/Shared/grassdata/wms_download/sigua__0.geotiff' not
recognised as a supported file format.

I repeat all those servers work just fine in any other application.

Can somebody try any of those in linux and report?