[GRASS-user] EPSG-codes, PostGIS, GRASS

christian.braun at tudor.lu christian.braun at tudor.lu
Thu Jul 5 09:46:52 EDT 2007

Sorry for double posting, first message was in html...

Hi to all members of the list,

I have problems with v.out.ogr writing to PostGIS.
We have set up a GRASS location with EPSG:2169 for Luxembourg. If I want to
export some data to PostGIS, which itself works very well, a new EPSG code
in spatial_ref_sys will be created because the parameters in GRASS doesn't
match exactly the ones in PostGIS (spatial_ref_sys). For projection
everything should be fine but I want to avoid a real mess in PostGIS.
A first solution is to reset the SRID in geometry_columns for each table
with UpdateGeometrySRID, but thats not a thing I want to do for every time
I export a layer.
Are there any possibilities for a workaround? Maybe to set a SRID with
v.out.ogr?

Thanks in advance,
Christian

Dipl. Geogr. Christian Braun
Tel: +352- 425991-608
Mobil: +49-179-6845896
Mail:
christian.braun at tudor.lu

Resource Centre for Environmental Technologies,
Public Research Centre Henri Tudor,
Technoport Schlassgoart,
66 rue de Luxembourg,
P.O. BOX 144,