[GRASS-user] EPSG-codes, PostGIS, GRASS

Tim tkeitt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 11:18:53 EDT 2007

 <christian.braun <at> tudor.lu> writes:

> Hi to all members of the list,I have problems with v.out.ogr writing to
PostGIS.We have set up a GRASS location with EPSG:2169 for Luxembourg. If I want
to export some data to PostGIS, which itself works very well, a new EPSG code in
spatial_ref_sys will be created because the parameters in GRASS doesn't match
exactly the ones in PostGIS (spatial_ref_sys). For projection everything should
be fine but I want to avoid a real mess in PostGIS.A first solution is to reset
the SRID in geometry_columns for each table with UpdateGeometrySRID, but thats
not a thing I want to do for every time I export a layer.Are there any
possibilities for a workaround? Maybe to set a SRID with v.out.ogr?Thanks in
advance,Christian_________________________________________Dipl. Geogr. Christian
BraunTel: +352- 425991-608Mobil: +49-179-6845896Mail: christian.braun
<at>
tudor.luResource Centre for Environmental Technologies,Public Research Centre
Henri Tudor,Technoport Schlassgoart,66 rue de Luxembourg,P.O. BOX 144,L-4002
Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg