[GRASS-user] overlaying raster layers

goldneaa at onid.orst.edu goldneaa at onid.orst.edu
Thu Jul 5 18:50:27 EDT 2007

First off thanks to everyone who has given advice, all of it has
helped tremendously.  I am having a problem getting my rasters to
overlay correctly.  I have a global.tiff raster that is an X,Y
coordinate system of (90,-90,180,-180).  When I bring in my
temperature raster(converted tiff, from netcdf) also in X,Y
(90,-90,180,-180).  The rasters have the same spatial extent, but the
continents do not line up.  I am thinking I have to re-do my location
using wgs84 as my datum and ellipsoid, but I was hoping there might be
another way to get the continent areas to fit over top of each other.
Thanks,
Aaron