[GRASS-user] v.lrs.where users wanted

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Jul 6 09:58:43 EDT 2007

Leonardo Lami wrote on 07/05/2007 11:53 AM:
> This is my first result with v.lrs.segment...not encouraging...
> the vector road_plus is a line (whitout nodes) that start and stop on
> the lrs vector.
>
> GRASS 6.3.cvs (spearfish60):~ > v.lrs.segment input=road_plus at router
> output=route_lrs_labels_plus llayer=1 rsdriver=sqlite
> rsdatabase=$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/sqlite.db rstable=route_lrs
> --overwrite
> DBMI-SQLite driver error:
> Cannot open database: unable to open database file
>
> ERRORE: Cannot open database for reference table

You have to single quote to avoid shell expansion, e.g.
rsdatabase='$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/sqlite.db'

BUT: I don't that you should (re)define rsdriver and rsdatabase. It' s
predefined, see
v.lrs.segment help
which tells you the current settings.

> If I put the explicit rsdatabase path:
>
> GRASS 6.3.cvs (spearfish60):~ > v.lrs.segment input=road_plus at router
> output=route_lrs_labels_plus llayer=1 rsdriver=sqlite
> rsdatabase=/home/Documenti/datigrass/spearfish60/router/sqlite.db
> rstable=route_lrs --overwrite
> ATTENZIONE: Il vettoriale 'route_lrs_labels_plus' è già presente e sarà
>             sovrascritto
>
> <all stops>
> <I press Return>

Why do you press <Return>?

I have added a new example to the manual page in CVS.

Markus