[GRASS-user] 3D TIN?

S. Merlo sm399 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Jul 7 11:16:15 EDT 2007

Dear GRASS users,

I have a question about exporting TINs to dxf. I have successfully managed
to perform the export and opened the TIN files created with v.delaunay in
CAD. Problem is, the z value of the TIN points is 0 and my TIN is flat (not
what I wanted to achieve). Am I doing something wrong or is this what
should happen? Is there a command that would allow the export of 3D TINs?
Is this an export problem only or is the command v.delaunay not producing a
3D file?

Hope my problem is clearly stated. Any suggestions on how to create and
export a 3D TIN for further editing in software external to GRASS is
welcome!

Yours

stefania merlo

University of Cambridge