[GRASS-user] Scientific Comparison between GRASS and Proprietary Remote Sensing/GIS Software

Firman Hadi firman.hadi at crs.itb.ac.id
Sun Jul 8 23:23:38 EDT 2007

Dear all,

One week ago I had a discussion with someone who is expert in remote
sensing.
It was a really nice discussion though we have a different perspective
in using software.
I prefer to use GRASS, because it's an open source software while he
prefer to use
proprietary software. He believed that GRASS can't do some tasks that
proprietary softwares do.
He thought that GRASS is not mature enough to be used. He asked me some
prove that the results from GRASS is the same with proprietary software.
For me, it will be better if I bring actual comparison between GRASS and
proprietary software, though maybe it will take some time.
Is there any link or arguments to give an accurate explanation for such
kind of people?
Thanks.

--
Firman Hadi,