[GRASS-user] Help with a shell file.

Humani Power jiuman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 01:17:43 EDT 2007

Hi list. I have recently started to use the grass software. And now im stuck
in a batch file.

I installed the grass software using the .deb package
grass_6.0.2-6_i386.deb. Also installed the gdal libraries. And the programs
works fine with the spearfish database and the console.
Now, I tried to run a shell script but doesn't work. The only thing that I
want to have is the version of the GRASS program in a file.

I have unpacked the spearfish database in /var/www/grass/DATAGRASS

And my batchfile looks like this
/var/www/grass/var.sh

GISBASE=/usr/lib/grass
GISDBASE=/var/www/grass/GRASSDATA
GISRC=/var/www/grass/.grassrc6
LOCATION_NAME=spearfish60
MAPSET=rsiis
LOCATION=/var/www/grass/GRASSDATA/spearfish60/rsiis
PATH=$PATH:/usr/lib/grass/bin:/usr/lib/grass/scripts
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib/grass/lib
HOME=/var/www/grass/
GIS_LOCK=$$
rm -f version_info.*
rm -f grasserrors.*
g.version >> /var/www/grass/version_info.txt 2>>
/var/www/grass/grasserrors.txt

the .grassrc6 looks like this

/var/www/grass/.grassrc6
GISBASE: /usr/lib/grass
GISDBASE: /var/www/grass/GRASSDATA
LOCATION_NAME: spearfish60
MAPSET: rsiis
DIGITIZER: none
LOCATION: /var/www/GRASSDATA/spearfish60/rsiis
HOME: /var/www/grass/

Well, when I executed the
#./var.sh
I got this response
./var.sh: line 14: 16732 Segmentation fault
g.version>>/var/www/grass/version_info.txt
2>>/var/www/grass/grasserrors.txt

The number after de "line 14" changes every time that I run the shell.
What am I doing wrong? Can you help me?
Thanks in advance.

--
Humano