[GRASS-user] 1)Color rules problem loading srtm.hgt 2)Merge two raster

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Thu Jul 12 19:13:00 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 19:17 +0100, Nicola S. wrote:
> Hi all, this my first post here....I hope to be lucky ;)
>
> I'm trying to load a srtm.hgt (bathymetry) using r.in.srtm but during
> the process I receive this error

You can't do bathymetry with SRTM data.  DEM, yes.

> ----cut---
> Your color rules do not cover the whole range of data!
> (rules -500.000000 to 8850.000000 but data 0.000000 to 65535.000000)
> ---cut-----

Could you post the actual command you are using to import?  Are you
using 1-arcsecond or 3-arcsecond SRTM data?

> at the end I get the raster but it is very messy, it looks like a
> series of colored lines. Any one have some advices?

Sounds like you may have imported 1-arcsecond SRTM without specifying
the '-1' option.

> Other problem, I would like to merge two or more rasters, which
> command i have to use? There is a way to have an homogeneous color
> palette?

You might want to check out the GRASS Newsletters.  There's lots of good
information there on working with SRTM data.

--
73, de Brad KB8UYR/6 <rez touchofmadness com>