[GRASS-user] Firstpost: Creatng temp tables instead of regular tables for vectormaps in mysql

Nithi, Nachi K (Karun) karun at research.bell-labs.com
Mon Jul 16 13:30:54 EDT 2007

Hi All,
This is my first post.

When we create vector maps in grass with MYSQL as the database it always
creates tables that are regular (permanent). I am wondering whether
there is a way to create temporary tables instead. The problem with
permanent tables is that Mysql creates corresponding files on the disk
where the underlying database tables are stored. This in turn leads to
disk fragmentation,  if we have to create hundreds of maps a day. Any
idea other than changing the source code? Or will it be made as an
option?

Thanks,

-Karun