[GRASS-user] v.cutter

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Tue Jul 17 13:43:54 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 08:21 -0700, goldneaa at onid.orst.edu wrote:
> Is there a way in GRASS, 6.3 to take a raster map of say the SW United
> States and use a vector cutter to cut out a smaller portion of the map
> in order to run certain statistics on it.  For example, if I have a
> temperature raster for the SW United States and I wanted to cut an
> area which I have coordinates for like Los Alamos, is there a way to
> cut out this area of the map and reproject in order to run mean,
> st.dev, etc.

I tend to use `v.extract` to "cut out" the vector polygon I want to use
as a region, convert it to a raster with `v.to.rast use=val val=1 ...`,
and do my final raster operation with the new raster as a mask
(`r.mask`).

I'm sure there are several other ways.

--
Brad Douglas <rez touchofmadness com>                    KB8UYR/6
Address: 37.493,-121.924 / WGS84    National Map Corps #TNMC-3785