[GRASS-user] min and max coord values

Ivan Shmakov oneingray at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 06:38:34 EDT 2007

>>>>> "t" == temiz  <temiz at deprem.gov.tr> writes:

 t> I want to get min and max coord values from of catagorized raster
 t> map.

 t> something like: r.stats -agn hey6 > gives minx maxx miny maxy

 t> is it possible ?

        You may use r.info to obtain the coordinates of the opposite
        corners of the grid of the raster map.  Alternatively, you could
        change the current region to the one of the raster map ($
        g.region rast=MAP), then print it ($ g.region -p.)  (You're to
        save the current region to a temporary file to be able to return
        to it.)

        The above gives you the coordinates of the corners of the grid.
        I know no easy way to obtain the coordinates of the corners of
        the actual data (i. e., with the NULLs omitted.)