[GRASS-user] [Fwd: GIS models]

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Jul 19 08:44:44 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I got this question from a friend of mine.

"I'm looking for some GIS software/algorithms to use in a statistical
model.   I have a topographical map and a starting and stopping point on
the map.  Assuming some sort of inhomogeneous diffusion process given by
the map, I'd like to calculate the likelihood of moving from the start
to stop.   Have never modeled anything like this before, so I apologize
if my question sounds naive.  Got a suggestion or two?"

Anybody have a suggestion how this could be done either in GRASS or
other software ?

Thanks,

Moritz