[GRASS-user] [Fwd: GIS models]

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Jul 28 20:33:12 EDT 2007

Look in the wildfire modeling modules (e.g., r.ros). These represent a type
of anisotropic diffusion algorithms. I've used them to model Viking sea
faring with some success.

It would be more useful for things other than fires if there were a more
generic form of anisotropic diffusion to work with.

Michael

On 7/19/07 5:44 AM, "Moritz Lennert" <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I got this question from a friend of mine.
>
> "I'm looking for some GIS software/algorithms to use in a statistical
> model.   I have a topographical map and a starting and stopping point on
> the map.  Assuming some sort of inhomogeneous diffusion process given by
> the map, I'd like to calculate the likelihood of moving from the start
> to stop.   Have never modeled anything like this before, so I apologize
> if my question sounds naive.  Got a suggestion or two?"
>

> Anybody have a suggestion how this could be done either in GRASS or
> other software ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Moritz

Director of Graduate Studies