[GRASS-user] g.list pager

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Jul 23 10:12:51 EDT 2007

I ran into this when going from tcsh (OSX 10.2) to bash (OSX 10.3).
I added

export LESS=-X

to my .bash_profile so the contents would remain visible after the
command completes.  And in OSX at least, more is symlinked to less.
Maybe it's similar on Debian?

On Jul 23, 2007, at 8:42 AM, Daniel Victoria wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I recall that some time ago, when I issued "g.list rast" I would get
> the list of rasters and the command prompt right after it. Now, when I
> run the command I get the raster list and no command prompt. I have to
> hit q to get back to the prompt and the raster list is gone, just like
> when reading a man page. I tried to change GRASS_PAGER env to more,
> cat but nothing happened. What am I doing wrong? I'm using Debian
> testing with grass 6.2.1
>
> Thanks
> Daniel

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Theory of the Universe

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly
what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely
inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that this has
already happened.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro