[GRASS-user] Grass version for grids

Anaïs Labarre Anais.Gwendoline.Labarre at cern.ch
Wed Jul 25 04:34:03 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am working on a project which includes to install Grass on a grid computing
infrastructure composed by computers with scientific linux (32 bits).
For the moment Grass will be used to combine layers (red, green, blue) of tiff
files and to save the generated files.

The last version of Grass (Grass 6.2.2 Generic Linux) make me an error, maybe
due to the 32 bits :
	Starting GRASS ...
	/home/labarre/GrassGIS/etc/Init.sh: line 567:
	/home/labarre/GrassGIS/bin/g.gisen v: cannot execute binary file
	/home/labarre/GrassGIS/etc/Init.sh: line 568:
	/home/labarre/GrassGIS/bin/g.gisen v: cannot execute binary file
	/home/labarre/GrassGIS/etc/Init.sh: line 569:
	/home/labarre/GrassGIS/bin/g.gisen v: cannot execute binary file
	/home/labarre/GrassGIS/etc/Init.sh: line 575:
	/home/labarre/GrassGIS/etc/lock: c annot execute binary file
	Unable to properly access ///.gislock
	Please notify system personel.

So, I try an old version of Grass (Grass 5.4.0 Generic Linux).
This version works but when I use "g.region" I have an error :
	ERROR: default region is invalid
	line 11: <top: 1>

So, I wonder which is the suitable version of Grass to be used (graphical
interface isn't necessary, because the project needs only to send jobs to Grass
with Shell scipts).
If the 5.4.0 version is the appropriated one, how can I solve the "g.region"
problem ?

Thanks per advance.

Anaïs Labarre