[GRASS-user] Grass version for grids

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Jul 25 08:18:39 EDT 2007

Anaïs,

please run
 file /home/labarre/GrassGIS/bin/g.gisenv
 uname -a
and post the result here. It looks like a 32/64bit compilation
issue (using 64bit binaries on 32bit CPU).

For the second problem: the WIND and DEFAULT_WIND
files were updated in GRASS 6 to store 3D info as well.
To use such a location with GRASS 5, there lines would
have to be removed (they are ASCII files, so easy to do).
But it's probably much better for you to get GRASS 6
running.

Markus