PD: [GRASS-user] problem with display monitors on mac

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Jun 3 15:41:54 EDT 2007

On Jun 3, 2007, at 1:43 PM, Maciej Tomaszczyk wrote:
> I tried to run grass with X11 and got the same error. There is a
> problem with nviz also.
> I installed Lorenzo binaries becouse i want run qgis in grass.
> Before, i used binaries provided by you
> but qgis did not work in grass. Now i have full functionality of
> qgis but dont have d.m and nviz.
Mine should run fine WITH Qgis, but I'm not sure about running Qgis
from WITHIN my GRASS.  I usually (when I use Qgis, which is seldom)
run Qgis and open GRASS mapsets from there.  How doesn't it work
running Qgis from GRASS?  You might ask the list, there are other Mac
users who use Qgis and GRASS who might be able to help.

If it's just a matter of not finding Qgis from the GRASS Terminal,
then it just means you need to specify the path to the Qgis
executable, inside the Qgis app package.  I think Lorenzo added a
script to simplify this.

> Is it possible to install both version of grass(your and Lorenzo).
> After i installed Lorenzos binaries
> yours stoped work.

Well, they are physically separate, so it's possible Lorenzo's
installer did something to your .bash_profile that is interfering
with mine running.  How is mine broken after installing Lorenzo's?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin