[GRASS-user] gdal 1.4.1 problem??

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Tue Jun 5 02:58:35 EDT 2007

Jarek Jasiewicz wrote:
> Maciej Sieczka wrote:
>> Jarek Jasiewicz wrote:

>> There was a problem that one could not build gdal-grass 1.3.2 with
>> GRASS 6.3 CVS, due to changes in GRASS. However, this problem is
>> supposedly fixed with the release of gdal-grass 1.4.1 [1].

>>> The problem is known.

>> Are you reffering to the same problem as I?
>>
>> [1]http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdal-grass-1.4.1.tar.gz

> Seems to be the same, but concern grass 6.2.1 (I use to use stable
> version of grass to compile gdal and qgis)

Instead of 6.2.1 use 6.2 CVS (to be released as 6.2.2 pretty soon). It
is more stable than 6.2.1. Compared to 6.2.1 it contains more fixes,
but no new features (bessides the EPSG codes search tool AFAIK,
backported from 6.3 CVS).

For me gdal-grass 1.4.1 builds fine with both GRASS 6.3 and 6.2 CVS,
and latest stable GDAL.

If you want the latest stable GDAL version, fetch the 1.4 branch from
their SVN as described in the bottom of [1]. It is essentialy GDAL
1.4.1 + fixes but no new features.

[1]http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/DownloadSource

Maciek