[GRASS-user] Some suggestions

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Tue Jun 5 05:06:54 EDT 2007

>> Many huge open source projects have usability commitees or guidelines
>> beyond the general workflow for the specific application.
>> Are such issues considered by the development team?
>
> These are considered, though there is not a usability committee because the
> development team is relatively small compared with the size of this project.
> There is a lot of discussion on this archived on the WIKI, where we went
> through a design process before starting in on the new GUI.
Maybe the team could consider to call users for a on their persieved
usability when the GUI is to be released. I'll have a look at that wiki
page... and come back if there are more suggestions.

> If by mainstream, you mean used by more people, then I think we all agree.
> Making GRASS more easily useable will certainly help in that direction.
Yes, this was my understanding of mainstream: get more users for GRASS
(me included) becuase they are convinced of the well designed workflow
and capabilities.

> If, however, you mean by mainstream that it should look like the leading
> commercial product, then I disagree.
Didn't even think about this option. Although it's very persuasive to
draw such a conclusion because some commercial apps are the background
where man come from.

Tim