[GRASS-user] Some suggestions

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Jun 6 02:57:19 EDT 2007

There is a command prompt at the bottom of the layer manager (AKA GIS
Manager) window.

You can just type in simple commands (or complicated ones for that matter)
without having to open the properties dialog. Currently you can't type in
any display commands and have the result show up in the map display, but
this is because that feature is broken, not because it is not intended to be
there. All other commands work fine--including unix shell commands.

Following up on a suggestion by Markus, I added a command prompt to make it
more obvious.

Michael

On 6/5/07 11:48 AM, "Jarek Jasiewicz" <jarekj at amu.edu.pl> wrote:

> Generally If I can add one sugestion:
>
> First it very simple: add some quick coomand for example the probably
> most ofen used command is g.region res=xx
>
> maybe small field around display manager allow to change resolution
> without opening the dialog, choosing proper tab etc.. will be good idea?
>
> Jarek

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213