[GRASS-user] Some suggestions

Jarosław Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Wed Jun 6 05:24:46 EDT 2007

Michael Barton napisał(a):

>There is a command prompt at the bottom of the layer manager (AKA GIS
>Manager) window.
>
>You can just type in simple commands (or complicated ones for that matter)
>without having to open the properties dialog. Currently you can't type in
>any display commands and have the result show up in the map display, but
>this is because that feature is broken, not because it is not intended to be
>there. All other commands work fine--including unix shell commands.
>
>Following up on a suggestion by Markus, I added a command prompt to make it
>more obvious.
>
>Michael
>
>On 6/5/07 11:48 AM, "Jarek Jasiewicz" <jarekj at amu.edu.pl> wrote:
>

>>Generally If I can add one sugestion:
>>
>>First it very simple: add some quick coomand for example the probably
>>most ofen used command is g.region res=xx
>>
>>maybe small field around display manager allow to change resolution
>>without opening the dialog, choosing proper tab etc.. will be good idea?
>>
>>Jarek

>Michael Barton, Professor of Anthropology
>School of Human Evolution & Social Change
>Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
>Arizona State University
>
>phone: 480-965-6213
>fax: 480-965-7671
>www: http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton

Yes, and I do that. See

"g.region res=xx"

I rather think about max simplifing most popular comamand in one place

BTW:
Why, if some make suggestion, for example "Maybe that solution will be better..." the answer mosttly is: "You can do that by typing....", but not: "it is silly idea becouse..." or "it good idea but it requiers lot of work, so rather not now..." or "its good idea, and we can think about it..." or "yes, but maybe that way it will be better..."

No everbody ansver "how can I do that...", somebody also suggest: "mabye another way will be better..."

Jarek

Jarek