[GRASS-user] Some questions

Martin Besta martin.besta at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 3 12:48:10 EDT 2007

Hi all,
I have two questions and maybe one solution.

When I am executing v.overlay (to clip my map with boundary line) I
recieve always the clipped line (ainput is line, binput is area),
however I need the polygon. When I switched first and second input
layer, I had recieved an empty layer.

A little problem I have with v.buffer...the output is without attribut
table. I was trying first v.buffer, then v.db.addtable and finaly
v.overaly intersect with input line for buffer. But then is the output
line again.

The problem with the spatial dissolve I did with the conversion to
raster and raster to vector again. Every raster cell has value from the
attribut (biotop code in my layer) and the conversion to vector again
dissolved all other lines, only polygons boundaries stay on.

Thx for your help.
Martin