[GRASS-user] snap points to polyline

dziadgba dziadgba dziadgba at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 8 11:34:13 EDT 2007

hy everybody,
I am new to grass and I am afraid to say that I have some problems to use
it.

Maybe someone can help me to solve the following task:

I have a shapefile with roads polyline which I cleaned.
Then I have a shapefile with points.
The points should represent bus stops along the roads and I have to do some
network analysis on it.
Unfortunately the do not lye exactly on the road so i have to connect them
with v.distance to make for example v.net.path work.

1- Is there any possibility to not do that and somehow "snap" the points
representing the bus-stops on the road line?

2- Furthermore I have to introduce new bus-stops manually with the
digitalizing tools, is there any "snap" funcionality to place new point
features?

I would be very glad for any hint.
dom