[GRASS-user] Accessing PostGIS from GRASS 6.2.1

christian.braun at tudor.lu christian.braun at tudor.lu
Wed Jun 20 06:24:51 EDT 2007

Hello members of the list,

I have a problem downloading the right geometries from PostGIS tables.

I have a PostGIS table storing two geometry columns. How can I access
these two different columns with v.in.ogr.
v.in.ogr -l dsn=... gives me two times the same name of the table.
A workaround with views or temporary tables won't work because GRASS
accesses the geometry_columns table and there are no entries for temporary
tables or views.

cheers from Luxembourg,
Christian

Mit freundlichen Grüssen,

Dipl. Geogr. Christian Braun
Tel: +352- 425991-608
Mobil: +49-179-6845896
Mail: christian.braun at tudor.lu

Resource Centre for Environmental Technologies,
Public Research Centre Henri Tudor,
Technoport Schlassgoart,
66 rue de Luxembourg,
P.O. BOX 144,