[GRASS-user] creating categories for rescale to 0-255

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Jun 28 11:41:28 EDT 2007

Carlos,

This is easy in GRASS with r.recode.

The syntax would be...

oldlow:oldhigh:0:255

I just did a new interface to r.recode in the GUI that should let you do
this interactively. One problem, however, is that this depends on changes to
r.recode made a couple days ago and it is not working correctly on my Mac.
It may just need a recompile and I plan to test today. If there is still a
problem, I'm sure it can be fixed and, in the meantime you can do it the
original way (as described in the r.recode docs).

Michael

On 6/27/07 7:35 AM, "Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann" <carlos.grohmann at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Any quick way to create 256 categories for a raster map? so I can rescale it
> to 0-255?
>
> thanks

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity