[GRASS-user] creating categories for rescale to 0-255

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 13:14:17 EDT 2007

OK, thanks. I was trying r.reclass...
the GUI didn't worked (updated cvs), though.

cheers

On 6/28/07, Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu> wrote:

>  Carlos,
>
>  This is easy in GRASS with r.recode.
>
>  The syntax would be...
>
>  oldlow:oldhigh:0:255
>
>  I just did a new interface to r.recode in the GUI that should let you do
> this interactively. One problem, however, is that this depends on changes to
> r.recode made a couple days ago and it is not working correctly on my Mac.
> It may just need a recompile and I plan to test today. If there is still a
> problem, I'm sure it can be fixed and, in the meantime you can do it the
> original way (as described in the r.recode docs).
>
>  Michael
>

>  On 6/27/07 7:35 AM, "Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann" <carlos.grohmann at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> Any quick way to create 256 categories for a raster map? so I can rescale it
> to 0-255?
>
>  thanks
>

>  __________________________________________
>  Michael Barton, Professor of Anthropology
>  Director of Graduate Studies
>  School of Human Evolution & Social Change
>  Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
>  Arizona State University
>
>  phone: 480-965-6213
>  fax: 480-965-7671
>  www: http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Visiting Researcher at Kingston University London - UK
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke