[GRASS-user] watershed problem

Charles Ehlschlaeger c.ehlschlaeger at insightbb.com
Sat Jun 30 09:52:40 EDT 2007

Here is the procedure I recommend (did this for a similar project many years
ago):
1) Rasterize river network to make RivNet.
2) Perform following r.mapcalc: newDEM = if(RivNet>0,DEM-10,DEM)
	This command ensures r.watershed uses RivNet to define basins.
3) Create basin map, Basin, using r.watershed with newDEM as input.
4) Use r.coin to determine which Basin values correspond to RivNet values.
5) Use r.reclass to create new basin map using RivNet values.

Chuck Ehlschlaeger, Associate Professor & GIS Center Director
Department  of  Geography,      Western  Illinois  University
215 Tillman Hall,   1 University Circle,  Macomb,  IL   61455
cre111 at wiu.edu,    phone: 309-298-1841,     fax: 309-298-3003