[GRASS-user] Digitization problems + running QGIS from inside GRASS??

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Mar 7 02:44:56 EST 2007

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 08:22:55AM +0100, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> 2007/3/7, adnan rauf <adnanrauf143 at yahoo.com>:
> >2. I've also heard about running QGIS from inside GRASS. What QGIS & GRASS
> >versions are required for the purpose? becuase my GRASS dosent support
> >this.
>
> you have to install qgis with support for GRASS (so QGIS supports
> GRASS, not GRASS supports QGIS). In debian-based distros, there are
> packages with the GRASS plugin for QGIS avaliable. I have no idea, how
> this is organized in RPM-based distros.

Usually, the GRASS-OGR-GDAL plugin is a separate RPM package.

> >3. What is the purpose of CAT valules in the database table of the vector
> >files??
>
> CATegory value is uniqe ID, which connects vector objects to database
> records. More about GRASS vector format in
> http://www.ing.unitn.it/~grass/conferences/GRASS2002/proceedings/proceedings/pdfs/Blazek_Radim.pdf

See also:
http://grass.itc.it/devel/index.php#prog
-> GRASS 6 Programmer's Manual
   -> GRASS 6 Vector Architecture
      -> Vector library categories and layers
          (http://mpa.itc.it/markus/grass63progman/Vector_Library.html)

> >4. Can someone also mail me exact step of installing Cygwin and then GRASS
> >on it on windows XP? Also i need the link for latest GRASS rpm's.

http://grass.itc.it/grass62/binary/mswindows/
-> setup.ini
-> instructions

Markus