[GRASS-user] Problem exporting an ascii file bigger than 2Gb

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Mar 14 09:10:39 EDT 2007

Roberto Antolin wrote:

> I'm trying to export into ascii a raster map about 250mill of cells with
> both r.out.ascii and r.out.gdal. But when the ascii file arrives to 2Gb,
> the module stops exporting the raster map. I'm not sure this is a GRASS
> problem since I used the option "--enable-largefile" during compilation.

--enable-largefile only affects certain files which are used
internally. It doesn't automatically enable LFS on all files, as not
all of GRASS can handle large files.

> What do you think? Any hint on how to solve it?

Using:

	r.out.ascii mapname > outfile.txt

may work, so long as the shell was built with LFS.

For r.out.gdal, the issue is likely to be whether GDAL was built with
LFS.