[GRASS-user] A color rules - a little issue

Jarosław Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Mon Mar 19 09:52:40 EDT 2007

Hi
I have a suggestion about color managment in grass
I just work on couple of maps where I need to prepare custom color
schemes (rules). Using the r.colors.rules is slighty (Hmm... rather
strongly) uncomfortable.
To omit it I replaced dir colors in ../grass63.cvs/etc/ dir with simlink
to dir in my home directory and I create new rule file every time I must
experiment with colors.

It is not good solution for two reason:
1) every new grass complilation makes problem with symlink
2) I have over 60 rules files in one directory and the number increase

Is possible to create solution similar to r.reclass.file to use custom
color rule file from anywhere in file system?

regards
Jarek