[GRASS-user] [Fwd: v.out.ogr - Writing to Shapefile]

Andrew Schroeder - Charone Concepts Ltd. Andrew_Schroeder at charoneconcepts.com
Tue Mar 20 14:36:08 EDT 2007

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	v.out.ogr - Writing to Shapefile
Date: 	Tue, 20 Mar 2007 11:20:14 -0700
From: 	Andrew Schroeder - Charone Concepts Ltd.
<Andrew_Schroeder at charoneconcepts.com>
To: 	Grassuser <grassuser-bounces at grass.itc.it>

I'm trying to export areas to a shapefile with no luck.  The areas were
created using v.voronoi, and I can view them just fine in GRASS, but
when I attempt the export it doesn't seem to be actually creating any
files.  It does say 407 features written.  I'm using GRASS 6.2 on windows.

When the "dsn" specifies a folder that doesn't exist does it go on to
create the folder?  In this case the folder "export" doesn't exist.  I'm
guessing that it doesn't create the folder because it'd not there once
the export is complete.  Maybe my syntax is completely wrong, but I just
can't get this to work (or find the file if it is working...)

The command I'm running:
v.out.ogr input=Samples_Vor type=area dsn=/export olayer=samples_vor_exp
layer=1 format=ESRI_Shapefile

Any help you guys can offer would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,

Andrew Schroeder

--
Andrew Schroeder
Principal,  Operations Manager

Charone Concepts Ltd.
712-402 West Pender St.
Vancouver, BC, V6B 1T6
Tel: (604) 628-8858
Fax: (604) 628-8851
Email: andrew_schroeder at charoneconcepts.com
Website: www.charoneconcepts.com

The information contained in this email message is privileged
and confidential information intended only for the use of the
party named above.  If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication
in error, please immediately notify us and delete the message
from your system.  Thank-you.