[GRASS-user] vector works in X0 monitor but not in gis.m

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 09:36:12 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I imported an arc coverage into a polyconic projection and I'm able to
see the vectors when using the X0 monitor (d.vect command) but, when I
try to use the gis.m canvas, the following error appears in the Output
GIS.m screen

region for current mapset line 1: <projection:99 (Polyconic >
run "g.region"

And nothing gets drawn. Funny is that I can query the canvas with the
mouse and see the vector attributes, meaning that the monitor extent
is correct.

g.region -p output is:

projection: 99 (Polyconic (American))
zone:       0
datum:      sam69
ellipsoid:  sam69
north:      0
south:      -1522812.5
west:       0
east:       931875.9375
nsres:      0.99999967
ewres:      0.99999993
rows:       1522813
cols:       931876
cells:      1419072887188

BTW, using grass 6.2.1 from Debian repos

Thanks
Daniel