[GRASS-user] Integrating multi tables

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Sat Mar 24 02:34:29 EDT 2007

Trying to work this one out, and not getting anywhere!

I have imported Shapefiles into vector maps.

I have "population" data (not people but using the same cat column IDs
as in the shapefile attribute tables).

How do I integrate the population data so that the shapefiles can be
coloured in thematic maps?

I can add columns to the vector attribute tables - but I can't find a
command that would mass-populate the column
(in MySQL it would be a simple UPDATE Table 1, Table 2 set column=column
where table 1.cat=table 2.cat).

(It probably doesn't help that the population data is in MySQL but I am
happy to import)

I fear that I am missing something *really* simple but am just about
going spare trying to find out!

If I get this sorted, I can stop bugging the list with newbie stuff for
ages!

Richard Chirgwin