[GRASS-user] Postgresql/postgis making databases

Kurt Springs ferret_bard at mac.com
Sat Mar 24 17:24:46 EDT 2007

Hi folks,

I have finally gotten postgresql and postgis installed along with
pgadm3 on OS X 10.4.9, which leaves me at the point of "What Now?"

Keep in that my familiarity is with Filemaker and Access, which, I am
sure every one will agree, are fairly "turn key" as the old
expression goes.  Potgresql is another matter.  I need someone's help
get to the next step.  I believe passwords and permissions need to be
sorted out, then In need to create my data bases.  I will need to
create tables, categories, populate the databases, and be able to
edit the information.  Also, I need to be able to move the database
file(s) from my desktop to my laptop.  Step by step instructions
would be best.

I am planning on starting work on my PhD research this summer, and
would like to use postgresql/postgis to create and maintain my
archaeological database.

Anyone's help would be appreciated.