[GRASS-user] YEAH, grassflyer funding

Gerald Nelson gnelson at uiuc.edu
Sun Mar 25 10:47:40 EDT 2007

I suggest thinking outside the GIS community as well. For example, the American Agricultural Economics Association annual meetings this year (July 28-31, Portland, Oregon) has a preconference program on using spatial data in rural development research. It would be good to at least have someone hand out the flier. Even better would be to have someone presenting at the event use grass and to have a custom version of the flier with information for newcomers to grass who are looking for a lower-cost alternative to ESRI software.

Unfortunately I won't be attending this preconference event but perhaps someone on this list either is in the Oregon area or uses grass for this kind of research.

What about archeology conferences, political science conferences, etc?

Regards, Jerry