[GRASS-user] some hints for grass 6.3, now on etch !

"Georg Lösel (privat)" georg at de-schorsch.de
Tue Mar 27 09:37:57 EDT 2007

Hello Hamish, hello all,

thanks for your help. After some work (fossgis.de) I managed to update
my thinkpad to etch and could compile grass63 from actual cvs. I wanted
more recent software :-)

After starting grass I get the option to choose a location, but then the
gis.m starts for a second and then dissapears.

the message

Welcome to GRASS 6.3.cvs (2007)
GRASS homepage:                          http://grass.itc.it/
This version running thru:               Bash Shell (/bin/bash)
Help is available with the command:      g.manual -i
See the licence terms with:              g.version -c
If required, restart the graphical user interface with: gis.m
When ready to quit enter:                exit
GRASS 6.3.cvs (goettingen):/usr/include/X11 > couldn't execute
"g.region": no such file or directory

after some tries i realized a second install of grass 6.2.1 and this
starts right. after remove this via  apt-get
make clean and make distclean new running of .configure and again make
(and make install)
no success.
gis.m fails.
starting a single Monitor and  displaying some stuff is no problem.

any idea to find a reason?

Thanks

Greetings Georg

- --