[GRASS-user] problem with v.edit tool=merge

Jarek Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Wed Mar 28 16:10:41 EDT 2007

I can now add some addational information

- it sometimes work, but new line has two categories on one layer, it is
corrected? IMHO it is not the best solution

- I did not reproduced merge in file i send. It has only worked when i
used cat=1-99999 (i.e only 2 or three lines has been merged)
- but if i used cat 1-99 it hasen't worked, no line has been merged

- there is no problem with merging if there are only two lines in map
- if two lines has been merged and line with cat=1/2 has been created,
no merge can be done in spite on cat an thre values
that all i found till now

what means: lines l have not any joint node is there some restriction on
lines?

 >BTW I committed some minor fixes in v.edit tool=merge (printing number
 >of  merged lines). So you should run `cvs update` and recompile it.
 >Sorry, v.edit module is relatively new/under development. In any case
 >it is great there is the user who is testing/using v.edit;-)

yes, I know it is new tool, I not expected it will be work at once.
IMHO it is very powerful tool. Grass had need it

best wishes in future development, i promise I will be testing it
Jarek