[GRASS-user] problem with v.edit tool=merge

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 16:39:26 EDT 2007

Hi Jarek,

2007/3/28, Jarek Jasiewicz <jarekj at amu.edu.pl>:

> - it sometimes work, but new line has two categories on one layer, it is
> corrected? IMHO it is not the best solution

sometimes?;-)

yes, it is not the best solution, but I am not sure what the user
would expect, what do you thing? Merging two lines (layer 1) described
bellow:

+-----1/1-----+------1/2-----+

we get new line

+------1/?------+

I think that the vector layer should not be changed (i.e. still layer 1).

Currently this line gets category 1 and 2.

> - I did not reproduced merge in file i send. It has only worked when i
> used cat=1-99999 (i.e only 2 or three lines has been merged)
> - but if i used cat 1-99 it hasen't worked, no line has been merged

I am not sure if I understand well, using your testing data
cat=1-99999 and cat=1-99 works OK.

> - there is no problem with merging if there are only two lines in map
> - if two lines has been merged and line with cat=1/2 has been created,
> no merge can be done in spite on cat an thre values
> that all i found till now

Once again, I am not sure if I understand well.

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *