[GRASS-user] Upgrade 6.1.cvs - 6.2.1 (cygwin) Vectors dont' work

Morten Sickel Morten.Sickel at nrpa.no
Thu May 3 04:06:40 EDT 2007

I just upgraded grass on my windows xp / cygwin system from 6.1.cvs to
the current 6.2.1. But, for some reason vectors don't work. At the
moment, I'm working on a dataset with a raster map and a few point-data
sets. The raster map works well, but I am not able to do anything with
the vector maps. a d.vect shows nothing. v.info shows nothing and an
attempt of reimporting a dataset using v.in.db gives no result.

The direct download of the grass / gdal / tcltk files using the cygwin
setup did for some reason not work, but I fetched the files separately
and installed them using setup's Install from local directory feature,
that seemed to work well, but, something must have gone wrong.

Any idea where to start the debugging?

Morten