[GRASS-user] Sorting and plotting a vector map (d.vect.chart)

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sat May 5 05:28:09 EDT 2007

On 04/05/07 16:48, Morten Sickel wrote:
> I am using d.vect.chart to plot some values. My problem is that some of
> the higher values are masking out the lower values. Is it possible to
> sort the dataset on the fly so that the highest values get plotted first
> and get "underneath" the lower values? (My data are stored as a vector
> layer, but that is imported from a dbf, so if it is possible to plot it
> on the fly from the dbf-file, that is also a solution)
>
> oh, btw, I'm using 6.2.1 on cygwin / XP

Attached is the source code of a revised version of d.vect.chart which
allows this [1].

I have never committed this, as noone seemed interested, but I can.
Currently it sorts automatically if you use sizecol, but as recent
discussions have shown[2], this should be optional.

[1] http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2006-October/026503.html
[2] http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2007-April/030523.html ff.

Moritz